Friday, April 18, 2008

All She Heard Was Silence

It's always satisfying to see happy customers drive off the lot in their new Locklear Dodge, Chrysler or Jeep automobile. But the memory of the customer I helped last week reminds me that cars and trucks are a lot more than cars and trucks.

A young mom came in and said her two children were so rowdy whenever they were in the car, that she'd become a dangerous driver on the road from being so distracted. She wanted a mini-van that would keep the kids occupied and her focused on the road.

I knew instantly what she needed. Not only is the 2008 Chrysler Town and Country good looking and smooth driving, but Automotive.com said it best when they stated 'when it comes to moving combinations of people and stuff, the Chrysler Town & Country has no peers.' Sure there is the Stow and Go seating and serious cargo carrying capability, but the optional dual-screen entertainment system was exactly what 'Dr. Steve Locklear' ordered for this frazzled mom.

She loved the leg room and the interior, but the second I popped in a DVD and her kid's settled in their seats for the movie, she put her purse in the front seat and slammed the door.

"Where do I sign?" she asked. An hour or so later, she was on the road.

The next morning I got a phone call.

"I can't remember ever having a more peaceful or serene drive home. You have no idea how much I needed that."

At the time I honestly didn't, and even though I gave her peace and quiet, she gave me a view from the seller's side. It's not always about the latest options or the leather seats.

Sometimes it's just about listening.

No comments: